Reid Family Scholarship: The Reid Family Scholarship has been named to acknowledge the substantial contribution that Gary, Cory, and Lesley Reid made to the establishment of LDAWE. Their commitment to helping individuals with learning disabilities achieve their potential spurred many Windsor - Essex community members into action.
Two awards of $500 will be given annually, one to a student at St. Clair College and one to a student at the University of Windsor, who has documented learning disabilities. Students can apply in a variety of formats (i.e. video, PowerPoint, essay, or audio recording).
To be eligible for a Scholarship, Applicants must:
- be registered to attend a full time program at St. Clair College (Windsor Campus) or the University of Windsor in the following school year,
- be a Canadian citizen or have permanent resident status,
- be enrolled in a course of study leading to a first degree/diploma,
- be available for an interview and picture at a designated location on the day chosen by LDAWE, and
- provide confirmation from a professional that he/she has a learning disability.
Click the Scholarship Form.
Applications are due April 21, 2017. Recipient to be notified May 2017.
Roy Cooper Memorial Scholarship: LDAO offers an annual $1,000 scholarship award in the name of a long serving LDAO Board Member, Roy Cooper, to a high school student who has documented learning disabilities and/or ADHD and will be attending a University or College, majoring in an engineering and/or physical sciences discipline (does not include social sciences or technology majors). Mr. Cooper spent his working life in the engineering/physical sciences field and, as a parent of an adult with learning disabilities, spent over 30 years volunteering at the local, provincial and national levels of the Learning Disabilities Association.
The application process, including eligibility criteria and the application deadline, is available on the LDAO website.